[Ardour-Users] testing OS X native versions (Paul Davis)

Joshua Parmenter josh at realizedsound.net
Thu Oct 4 08:06:15 PDT 2007

Hi Paul,

First of all... this is all amazing! Thanks for yours and everyone
elses work on this!

There were a couple things I noticed. This are at the inconvenience
level though:

1) Jack configuration is a little dodgy: I can't change number of
inputs or output. Also, will it work with the Jack I have on my
computer? or qjackctl? If not, will I be able to route sound in or
out from other apps?

2) the apple-` keystroke that usually lets you cycle through windows
doesn't seem to work. apple-M does let me switch to the Mixer, but I
can't get back to the editor without a mouse click.

Other then that, a pretty complex project I have been working on
opens just fine. Looks great, and seems more responsive! Thanks!

Josh

> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 08:08:52 -0400
> From: Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>
> Subject: [Ardour-Users] testing OS X native versions
> To: ardour-users at lists.ardour.org
>
> Its time to get some more feedback on the current state of my OS X
> native version(s) of Ardour. You can find them here:
>
> For Intel:
>    http://ardour.org/files/releases/AllInOne-Intel-2007-10-03-4.zip
>
> For PPC:
>    http://ardour.org/files/releases/AllInOne-PPC-2007-10-03-4.zip
>
> This is NOT a call for widespread use of these versions yet, but I do
> need to get some more feedback from people to be convinced that the
> basic issue of creating a .app bundle for OS X that will work on
> all/most machines is done.
>
> WARNINGS
>
>     1) These are "all in one" packages containing Ardour, JACK
>        and LADSPA plugins. If you have run JACK on your machine
>        since booting, you must restart your machine before
>        testing (the included version of JACK is current SVN,
>        and changes some things that appear to require a restart
>        to take effect).
>
>        These versions of Ardour will only run the version of
>        JACK that they include.
>
>     2) There is a widespread "bug" in that characters used as
>        accelerators cannot be used in text entry widgets once
>        the main window(s) are open. The underlying behavior
>        here differs from Gtk/X11. I hope to have a fix
>        available today.

/* Joshua D. Parmenter
http://www.realizedsound.net/josh/

“Every composer – at all times and in all cases – gives his own
interpretation of how modern society is structured: whether actively
or passively, consciously or unconsciously, he makes choices in this
regard. He may be conservative or he may subject himself to continual
renewal; or he may strive for a revolutionary, historical or social
palingenesis." - Luigi Nono
*/