[Ardour-Users] gak

John Rigg au at sound-man.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 00:59:33 PST 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 09:36:12AM +0200, DA. Forsyth wrote:
> PS: side issue.  last year I used 48000 sample rate.  this time I wanted
> to use 44100 since we're making a CD anyway and we don't use a lot of
> effects, being a live recording we get enough reverb from the room.
> however,  nothing i did convinced it to use 44100.  I used envy24control
> to set the hardware to 44100, then tell jack to use that rate (via
> qjackctl), start jack and the envy24 window immediately shows that it has
> gone back to 48000.  now, jack won't start because jack still wants 44100
> but the hardware is doing 48000.   I tried deleteing ~/.jackdrc but the
> hardware still went to 48000.   how does one actually change it?

Have you tried starting jackd from the command line instead of using
qjackctl? The -r44100 option should do it. Don't forget to tell it which
device you're using eg. -d hw:0, because recent versions of alsa use
a plugin as default device (instead of hw:0 as previously) along with
software rate conversion (which you definitely don't want here).

It might be worth checking what command qjackctl is sending to jackd
to make sure the right device is being specified.

John