[ardour-users] bcf2000 + ardour2.0.2 problems

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Mon May 28 14:43:37 PDT 2007

On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:24:33 +1200
Josh Parsons <josh.parsons at stonebow.otago.ac.nz> wrote:
> In Generic midi mode, things are much more stable, but I find I can't
> bind the BCF's buttons to the record enable button of a track (record
> enable does not respond to ctrl-middle-mouse-button).

I have not had a lot of time to work with Ardour2 due to work schedules,
but I was able to get the BCF connected in Generic MIDI mode and bind
to faders with ctl-mmb.  I got as far as the BCF controlling the fader,
but the fader would not affect the BCF.

My goal is to rewrite the BCF thing I did for .99.x a while back, and
this has been as far as it's gotten.  I think if I sit down and carefully
chart what I do, it'll work, assuming all the parts are functional.

I just need to pull together a few research threads and then spend time
in the studio.  (Unfortunately, that's unpleasant because I need to get
a new A/C down there, and I'm waiting on the Home Despot to get around to
replacing a lost charge card :-/ )

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com