[ardour-users] Scons Build on FC6 CCRMA continued

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Tue May 22 23:25:51 PDT 2007

Quoting matt at tinysongs.com:

> [matthew at localhost ~]$ ardour2
> WARNING: Your system has a limit for maximum amount of locked memory!
> This might cause Ardour to run out of memory before your system runs
> out of memory. You can view the memory limit with 'ulimit -l', and it
> is normally controlled by /etc/security/limits.conf

Let's see if this is the first time my notorious warning message actually
helped to identify the issue. :)

Do you have a memory lock limit defined in /etc/security/limits.conf for
your user or a group your user belongs to?

Does increasing the limit to 512000 (or adding a limit) help the situation?
(note that you need to log out and login after you change the file to
activate the changes)

The limit row usually looks like this:

@audio     -   memlock 5120000

Where "audio" is the name of the group the limit is imposed on.

 Sampo