[ardour-users] Scons Build on FC6 CCRMA continued

matt at tinysongs.com matt at tinysongs.com
Tue May 22 16:51:55 PDT 2007

[matthew at localhost ~]$ ardour2
WARNING: Your system has a limit for maximum amount of locked memory!
This might cause Ardour to run out of memory before your system runs
out of memory. You can view the memory limit with 'ulimit -l', and it
is normally controlled by /etc/security/limits.conf
Ardour/GTK 2.0.2
    (built using 1810 and GCC version 4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.1-51))
Copyright (C) 1999-2007 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel Baker

Here are my start up mesages when launching from a non-root user.  It
fails to launch.

Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
theme_init() called from internal clearlooks engine
/usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:59: error: unexpected
identifier `animation', expected character `}'
theme_init() called from internal clearlooks engine
ardour: [INFO]: Using SSE optimized routines
ardour: [INFO]: looking for control protocols in
/home/matthew/.ardour2/surfaces/:/usr/local/lib/ardour2/surfaces/
ardour: [INFO]: Control surface protocol discovered: "Generic MIDI"
ardour: [INFO]: Control surface protocol discovered: "Mackie"
JACK tmpdir identified as [/dev/shm]
SSE2 detected
Killed