[ardour-users] portable 2 (or more) channel audio interface recommendations?

Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Tue May 22 14:21:49 PDT 2007

Dan Tepper wrote:
> if it were me - for 2 tracks - i'd get one of those new flash recorders
> - way easier to deal with than computer + interface. and smaller.

That reminds me, maybe even a Sony DAT Walkman would do a decent job
(though only 16-bit / 48kHz), if one can be found cheap second-hand (or
if you already have one).  The mics would need separate preamp units or
a mixer with phantom power -- perhaps a small mixer (eg.
Phonic/Tapco/Behringer) which might even have the highpass filters
Justin was after.

--
Steven Chamberlain
steven at pyro.eu.org