[ardour-users] Ardour 2.0 and MCU

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Tue May 15 20:12:04 PDT 2007

Ok I am going to apologize as my internet access at the moment tends to
be iffy at best so it may be a bit between updates.

I am wondering if anyone has gotten Ardour working correctly with an
actual Mackie Control Universal, instead of the behringer emulating it?
  I ask because I just received a MCU and have it hooked up, and after a
bit of work got it working in as far as it receives updates from Ardour
and reflects it in the panning/faders/etc.  However Ardour seems to be
receiving no updates from it, be it bank change requests, level(Fader)
changes, panning changes, transport controls, whatever.  Nothing I do
seems to affect this unfortunately.  A good direction on what to look
for to fix would be appreciated if anyone has gotten it completely
working.

Because I am receiving the updates from Ardour correctly on the MCU I
lean away from it being a setup issue on my end I don't believe, but
could certainly be wrong.  I also have swapped cables etc and do not
believe it to be a problem in the cables, though I suppose it could be a
problem with the hardware as it is brand new.

I also checked to make sure the audio group, which my user is part of,
has both read and write permissions to the device, and the MCU is in
Mackie Control mode, though I did check both the HUI emulation mode and
the Logic control mode as well, neither of those modes I could get to work.

Thanks in advance.

        Seablade