[ardour-users] splice-mode in Ardour 2.0 and 2.0.2

Klaumi Klingsporn klaumikli at gmx.de
Sat May 12 09:47:03 PDT 2007

Am / On Sat, 12 May 2007 00:04:05 +0200
schrieb Klaumi Klingsporn <klaumikli at gmx.de>:

> could somebody please explain to me the new behaviour of splice-mode
> in 2.0?
>
> In 0.99.3, when I cut a range of a region in splice-mode, the two
> resulting new regions snapped together (the later to the prior).
> In 2.0.2 there seemed to be no difference between slide- und
> splice-mode: the two resulting new regions keep staying on there old
> place in the timeline.

Sorry, that I insist on my question, but it seems to be an
linux-problem. A friend of mine working on OS X has no problems with
splice mode in 2.0.2. I working on Debian Linux with a self-compiled
Ardour 2.0.2 have still no difference between splice-mode- and
slide-mode-behaviour.

So, is there anybody out there working with an Ardour 2.0.2 with
working splice-mode on a linux-system? What might be wrong with my
installation???

Klaumi

--
Klaus-M. Klingsporn