[ardour-users] New session from commandline _with_ template selection?

rob rob at curates-egg.org
Sat May 12 06:43:54 PDT 2007

Hi

"ardour2 --help" indicates I can create new sessions from the
commandline, but doesn't indicate how I'd base the new session on a
template.  Is this currently possible?

If not currently possible, I'd like to reuse my session rewriting code
for 0.99.x which rewrote "template" sessions to instantiate them as new
sessions.  The only problem I can see is the mysterious "id-counter" and
"id" tags in the XML - what do they mean?  If I leave them unchanged,
will anything break?

Thanks in advance