[ardour-users] Ardour2 and LADSPA EQ

Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Fri May 4 14:59:57 PDT 2007

John Rigg wrote:
> Has anyone had any success using any of these EQs with Ardour2 on AMD64?

Yes and no.
I always try to use "TAP Equaliser B/W" but it suffers from denormal
issues on my machine.  I can run two at a time with no problems, but if
I add any more then during a period of silence the CPU usage reaches
100% and it dies.

I'm still debugging it, but I think the denormal protection macro must
be getting 'optimised out' by the compiler (I add various compiler flags
so it could be my own fault).  I think adding a square wave of the
lowest possible normalised value cured it but I intend to do a more
thorough investigation.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain