[ardour-users] Ardour errors during mixing

sara lidgey slidgey at yahoo.ca
Thu May 3 19:57:25 PDT 2007

                    Hi All,
  I've been using Ardour with Fedora Core Linux now for a couple years without too many problems.  I recently upgraded my machine (Intel Duo processor, 2 gigs of ram..., SATA drive) and I'm running Fedora Core 5 with the CCRMA  kernel 2.6.16-1.2080.16.rrt.rhfc5.ccrmasmp
 I use an M-Audio Delta-66 audio interface.

 I've recorded a musical composition with between 20 and 30 tracks at 96khz sample rate.  The recording went fine but now as I am mixing and adding the LADSPA plugin TAP Equalizer to many tracks, I am running into problems with either Ardour saying that “...Jack may have disconnected because Ardour was not fast enough” (most frequent error) or an error about Ardour not being able to read the disk fast enough to keep up with playback.   I've noticed many xrun lines in the Jack messages window.

 Any advice about I go about solving this issue?  Its getting to the point where I can't play back the mix for more that 20 seconds without an error.  Are there any adjustments I can make to improve performance?

 Thanks a lot,