[ardour-users] Ardour 2.0 and MCU

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue May 1 04:04:35 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 12:30 +0200, Thomas Desbarats wrote:
> Hi,
> First of all, congratulations to all the team for the achievement of
> Ardour 2.0.
> I'm using Ardour 2.0 beta and rc for a while and I have to say that
> MCU mode changed my life. My point is, since the 2.0rc2 I c'ant use
> the MCU (with a BCF2000). I didn't change my set-up : same distro,
> same kernel, same user ....
> I checked my ardour.rc : rc2 and final 2.0 modifies it  changing the
> mcu part. Am I the only one with this issue ? Did I miss something in
> the configuration or is this a (un)known bug ?
> When I trace MCU input/output I just have outputs and nothing moves on
> the BCF

the default port name "mcu" is now an ALSA sequencer port and will need
to be explicitly connected to the hardware port where your BCF2000 is
plugged in. you can use qjackctl's MIDI tab in its connect dialog to do
this.

alternatively, restore the old definition for "mcu" that you had before,
and no explicit connection will be required (since your old port
definition names a hardware port, not an ALSA sequencer port.

--p