[ardour-users] Ardour 2.0 and MCU

Thomas Desbarats thomas.desbarats at gmail.com
Tue May 1 03:30:48 PDT 2007

First of all, congratulations to all the team for the achievement of Ardour
I'm using Ardour 2.0 beta and rc for a while and I have to say that MCU mode
changed my life. My point is, since the 2.0rc2 I c'ant use the MCU (with a
BCF2000). I didn't change my set-up : same distro, same kernel, same user
I checked my ardour.rc : rc2 and final 2.0 modifies it  changing the mcu
part. Am I the only one with this issue ? Did I miss something in the
configuration or is this a (un)known bug ?
When I trace MCU input/output I just have outputs and nothing moves on the

I have to say that I don't have a clue of what's happening, if some one does
Thanks all


Just to be sure, here is my ardour.rc file (/dev/snd/bcf2000 is a symlink to
the good device)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <MIDI-port tag="control" device="ardour" type="alsa/sequencer"
this line
  <MIDI-port tag="mcu" device="/dev/snd/bcf2000" type="alsa/raw"
is changed by ardour 2.0  to
  <MIDI-port tag="mcu" device="ardour" type="alsa/sequencer" mode="duplex"/>
  <MIDI-port tag="seq" device="ardour" type="alsa/sequencer" mode="duplex"/>
    <Option name="trace-midi-input" value="0"/>
    <Option name="trace-midi-output" value="0"/>
    <Option name="use-tranzport" value="0"/>
    <Option name="mackie-emulation" value="bcf"/>
    <Option name="minimum-disk-io-bytes" value="262144"/>
    <Option name="track-buffer-seconds" value="5"/>
    <Option name="disk-choice-space-threshold" value="57600000"/>
    <Option name="xfade-model" value="147791952"/>
    <Option name="auto-xfade" value="1"/>
    <Option name="destructive-xfade-msecs" value="500"/>
    <Option name="mute-affects-pre-fader" value="1"/>
    <Option name="mute-affects-post-fader" value="1"/>
    <Option name="mute-affects-control-outs" value="1"/>
    <Option name="mute-affects-main-outs" value="1"/>
    <Option name="plugins-stop-with-transport" value="1"/>
    <Option name="stop-recording-on-xrun" value="1"/>
    <Option name="stop-at-session-end" value="1"/>
    <Option name="quieten-at-speed" value="1"/>
    <Option name="jack-time-master" value="0"/>
    <Option name="timecode-source-is-synced" value="1"/>
    <Option name="no-new-session-dialog" value="0"/>
    <Option name="use-vst" value="1"/>
    <Option name="periodic-safety-backups" value="1"/>
    <Option name="periodic-safety-backup-interval" value="120"/>
    <Keyboard edit-button="3" edit-modifier="4" delete-button="3"
delete-modifier="1" snap-modifier="32"/>
    <TransportControllables roll="0" stop="1" goto_start="2" goto_end="3"
auto_loop="4" play_selection="5" rec="6" shuttle="7"/>
    <Protocol name="Mackie" bank="0" active="yes"/>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.ardour.org/pipermail/ardour-users-ardour.org/attachments/20070501/4ee260f9/attachment-0001.htm>

More information about the Ardour-Users mailing list