[ardour-users] [ANN] Mackie MCU, BCF2000 and Tranzport testers wanted

John Anderson ardour at semiosix.com
Wed Mar 21 03:54:41 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 17:23 +0100, Giso Grimm wrote:
> thanks for the surface plugin, it works fine for me with BCF2000 and
> ardour2 beta-12 (PlanetCCRMA build on Fedora Core 6). While playing
> around I was missing a key mapping for fast forward/rewind (got 'locate
> 0'/'locate end' instead, mapped to two button pairs) and a key for
> toggle record.

If you're using bcf mode, toggle record is the rec button on the master
strip.

I tend to use marker next/previous a lot more than ffwd/rew, but I have
no idea how that applies to the rest of the world.

> Is the current mapping available somewhere

I've added a partial mapping to the manual, but it went in just after
beta12 was released. In the meantime you can find it here

http://www.semiosix.com/ardour

but don't rely on that, I'll take it down once the official manual is
up.

I'm interested to hear other ideas of how the button layout should work.

> and is it possible to change it as a user?

Not at the moment.

> About the "Known Issues": The panning did not work for stereo tracks,
> while it works fine for mono tracks. (I have no idea what is the best
> way to pan a multi-channel stream using one pan pot...)

Me neither ;-)

bye
John