[ardour-users] Disabling auto-connection of in/out

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Mar 20 14:09:00 PDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 08:22:24PM +0000, John Rigg wrote:
> This might be a stupid question, but how do I _totally_ disable
> the automatic input and output connections that occur when
> creating a new track or bus? This has bitten me a few times,
> but I just got an angry phone call from a client for whom I
> set up a 0.99.3 installation, after he created a new track
> and the resulting feedback through Ardour nearly blew his
> monitor speakers.
>
> For pro and semi-pro users this is _very_ bad default behaviour!
> There must be some global option in a config file that allows
> the user to specify that nothing ever connects until told to
> (and sticks to this behaviour every time Ardour is started)
> but I haven't been able to find it.

I don't know of a global setting. I only know of the Configuration tab
on the New Session dialog.  Deselect "Automatically connect track
inputs to physical ports" and you're good - FOR THIS SESSION.

Also, if you set up a template for new sessions, the template will
retain that setting.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com