[ardour-users] Basic editing for a newbie

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 02:14:57 PDT 2007

Hi guys,

Although I've posted here before, I only got around to using Ardour
seriously a week or so ago.  What I need to know is probably in the manual
somewhere but I did look and I couldn't find it.  My question is just about
very basic editing.

Let's say I've recorded a piece of music which has an intro lasting (approx)
10 seconds.  I want to remove that intro and tidy up the edit.  I'd imagine
that there would be 3 stages to this, namely:-

1) Make a cut in the audio, approximately 10 seconds from the beginning.
2) Remove the unwanted 10 sec segment.
3) Tidy up the front of the wanted segment (i.e. edit it more precisely,
maybe add a fade-in etc).

Can someone just take me through those basic steps?

Thanks.

John