[ardour-users] Tracks losing inputs (changing to buses) also, "recover from crash"

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Thu Mar 15 20:23:21 PDT 2007

This is my first post to the list, so first of all I'd like to thank the
developers for such a polished and useful app.

I've got a bit of a problem, however. I'm using the Debian package of
version 0.99.3 on 64studio 1.0.

I typically quit ardour by using pkill, which I believe by default sends
SIGTERM. I mention this because I suspect that my problem might be
related to this.

Two troublesome things are happening. First, when I load ardour, it
sometimes shows the "recover from crash" dialog.

Second, and more of an issue, is that sometimes when the session is
opened, the tracks I have defined seem to revert to busses, in that the
VU meter dissapears, and the jack audio input ports for them aren't
created.

In case it matters, when I create the tracks, I don't set the input
connections within ardour - I just create the inputs, and maybe set the
input source to Alsa pcm. I use the qjackctl patchybay instead for this,
as I have other apps to connect, and I find it easier to see all the
connections in qjackctrl.

I'd welcome any ideas about what could be causing this.

Thanks!

Larry Troxler