[ardour-users] A few questions

Carl Hetherington lists at carlh.net
Thu Mar 1 09:16:06 PST 2007

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 13:56 +0000, Carl Hetherington wrote:

>>> Just select several tracks via shift-clicking and then cut.
>>
>> Yes, I see how I can do that.  But can I avoid having to select several
>> tracks/regions each time if I know I'm always going to edit them as a
>> group?  I'm thinking of multiple mic recordings of a single source, for
>> example.
>
> switch to the "edit groups" panel of the RHS notebook. add a new edit
> group. activate it. then to go to each track, click the (g)roup button,
> select the new group.
>
> after this, all region + range selections in one track will propagate
> across the edit group, using the notion of "region equivalency". this
> basically means that all regions that are at the same position, same
> start offset in the underlying audio file and same size will be
> considered "the same".

Aha.  Right.  Not quite what I was expecting, but that's great.  In fact I
think its better than the cubase edit groups approach because I can set
multiple mic tracks to be in the same edit group and then record stuff and
they'll all edit together.  Fantastic!

>>> Insert a mono to stereo plugin. afterwards connect only one output of the
>>> track.
>>
>> Aha! Thanks.  Perhaps there could be an option for this to be done for
>> you...
>
> its a post-2.0 feature.

Cool.

> Carl, we'd love to see you on IRC someday. Thanks a lot for the patches
> you've submitted via Mantis. Its always great to see another developer
> who apparently "just gets" our codebase.

No problems.  Thanks for accepting them so quickly!

I'm sometimes on IRC as carl, sure I'll catch up with you all some time!

Cheers

Carl