[ardour-users] Open Session across ethernet

Matthew Polashek matt at tinysongs.com
Thu Jun 14 16:19:45 PDT 2007

Ok, so I have a nice farm of UbuntuStudio boxes at my school and an
OSX machine that has 2 external firewire drives on which my students
have recorded copious projects.  (The linux machines came online well
after the OSX due to a wonderful donation.)

I want to open the Ardour sessions on the FireWire drives from the
UbuntuStudio boxes.  It's no problem connecting to the OSX machine
and seeing the Firewire drives.  (I have a little router)  The
problem is I don't know how to get there from the Ardour open session
menu. Any suggestions?  Is this a disgustingly bad idea?  Should I
just copy the sessions over?  Suggestions?

Matthew Polashek
matt at tinysongs.com
www.tinysongs.com
www.JandMJazz.com