[ardour-users] portable 2 (or more) channel audio interface recommendations?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Mon Jun 4 14:51:12 PDT 2007

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Dan Tepper wrote:

> I looked at the 8pre -- nice unit, but without Word Clock there is no
> way to sync more than one thru the hdsp.

That gets back to the key question - finding good audio interfaces that:
1. are rackmountable
2. have 8 XLR inputs, or at least XLR/TRS combo inputs
3. have 48V phantom power
4. have ADAT in/out
5. have word clock in/out
6. will handle up to 24-bit at up to 96kHz
7. don't cost an arm and a leg
8. work and play nicely with my Digiface

> The big problem with firewire is the proprietary apps needed to make
> adjustments are all windows or mac apps, so you end up losing some
> functionality. (knobs are so 20th century)

Oh come on - you just plug it in and go.  It even says so on MOTU's
website *ducks* ;-)

jms