[Ardour-Users] Another looped punch region issue: disappearing tracks

Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Sat Jul 28 05:40:59 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've noticed another peculiarity of looping over a punch region (with
recording enabled).

After a few loops recording 8 tracks, I click on Stop when the playhead
is *inside* the punch range, there's a pause, and then the new (fully
overlapping) regions are shown and ardour becomes responsive again.  In
some rare cases one of the tracks suddenly becomes blank and the console
shows this several times:
  no space in Ardour-UI request buffer for thread disk butler

The missing regions are shown grouped in the Regions sidebar, but if I
drag it into place it doesn't appear to be split properly; I get a few
(about half) of the regions in the right place (fully overlapping) but
then one big region after those which shouldn't be there (made up of the
remaining regions which don't seem to have been sliced up).

There seems to be plenty of space available though; after clicking
'Stop' none of the audio data seemed to have been lost, and the session
only used 480MB with a further 4GB free on that disk (ardour2 showing
Disk: 00h:25m:16s).

Weird stuff!  The session was blank and freshly-made, 2.0-ongoing R2176
and no LADSPA plugins present in the session.  I've experienced this
before in R2168 also.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain