[Ardour-Users] Puzzling line level interference

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Sat Jul 28 02:20:11 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 23:31 -0400, Thomas G. Willis wrote:
> i see someone reported a similar problem 2 weeks ago. UGH I should
> read better. So it sounds like ext usb sound card should do the trick
> at fixing it and you all can ignore my message. Sorry for the
> distraction.

An external sound card might not do the trick. It sounds a lot like a
ground loop issue.

Does your laptop power source have an earth connection or is it only a
two-prong one?

What connections are there from your laptop to active equipment?

I just wrote about grounding on LAU. See
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.audio.users/41807
and an important addition I forgot from the previous
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.audio.users/41809

  Sampo