[Ardour-Users] heavy slicing issues & history

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Tue Jul 24 18:45:29 PDT 2007

On 7/24/07, james jwm-art net <james at jwm-art.net> wrote:

> Have just compiled ardour2.0.3 on a dying CPU, with numerous complaints
> of internal compiler errors but got there in the end.

First flag right there, internal compiler errors are almost always due
to bad/failing RAM.  First thing you should do is do a memtest run
(run from the boot loader).  Bad RAM will mess you up good.

> I have imported a 2:20 44.1 16bit stereo wav into a new session. The
> imported wav is on 1 stereo audio channel, and numerous slices (longest
> perhaps 1sec) have been made into it. The sliced regions have been
> copied and re-arranged with crossfades on a seperate audio channel. So
> far, the re-arranged version spreads across 6 bars (88 bpm 4/4). The
> .ardour file for it is 685k and 13500 lines. It's history file is 80mb.

Ardour seems to have some issues with its undo history lately... just
a gestalt feeling I have.  I think you might be seeing a combination
of hardware and software issues, unfortunately.

jlc