[Ardour-Users] heavy slicing issues & history

james jwm-art net james at jwm-art.net
Tue Jul 24 16:43:45 PDT 2007

Hi,

Sorry for this, maybe a bit long-winded problem, no debug info for you,
etc.

Have just compiled ardour2.0.3 on a dying CPU, with numerous complaints
of internal compiler errors but got there in the end.

I have imported a 2:20 44.1 16bit stereo wav into a new session. The
imported wav is on 1 stereo audio channel, and numerous slices (longest
perhaps 1sec) have been made into it. The sliced regions have been
copied and re-arranged with crossfades on a seperate audio channel. So
far, the re-arranged version spreads across 6 bars (88 bpm 4/4). The
.ardour file for it is 685k and 13500 lines. It's history file is 80mb.

When I try to open it, I get a glibc error, corrupt linked list.

However, after removing the 80mb history file, it loads ok (just find
that out).

I was going to ask about how I can use the history file, or for pointers
to using it outside of ardour2 to undo recent edits so I could try &
open the session again.

Have many other users found difficulty with micro slicing of audio &
it's rearrangement? I've always found problems with it in ardour, but
increasing RAM to 2gb massively helped, but still not enough :(

Otherwise, I love ardour :)

james.