[Ardour-Users] Stability and Session Errors

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Tue Jul 24 10:47:49 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 10:20 -0700, Mark Jones wrote:

> We too are having a lot of session destruction going on.  And what's worse is once any single
> session gets hosed, if you don't exit before opening another session will cause it to be hosed as
> well. (I know this should NOT be possible).  Problem is I haven't figure out exactly what is
> causing it, nor have I figured a good way to reproduce it.  Lots of time we have 3 hours or more
> into the session using touch controls when it all goes to hell, so pinpointing what is doing isn't
> easy.  We aren't using looping, we are moving regions, it's all live recording work that is being
> "mastered".

Is your error something like this?

(1)
ardour: [ERROR]: Session: XMLNode describing a AudioRegion references an
unknown source id =84
ardour: [ERROR]: Session: cannot create Region from XML description.
ardour: [ERROR]: Session: XMLNode describing a AudioRegion references an
unknown source id =84
ardour: [FATAL]: programming error: unknown region type passed to
Session::add_region()
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

If yes, we have a good duplication recipe for it and I'm on it. Fret
not.

  Sampo