[ardour-users] 48 channels on ardour

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 10:39:42 PDT 2007

On 7/18/07, Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:

> > > How do you arrange for that to happen?
> >
> > Copy/move the sound files to be played back to a drive other than the
> > drive where sound files are being recorded.
>
> I was about to ask "But how does ardour find them?"
> ... but then I remembered:
> Windows -> Options -> Paths/Files -> "session RAID path".
>
> Paul Winkler

Just a head's up...

Keep in mind that when you backup your session (you *do* back up your
sessions, right?) ;-) that *you* must recollect the different parts of
the RAID path to get all the files that are part of the session.
Likewise when you restore your session (from that backup that you *do*
make, right?!) then you have to sprinkle the various parts around on
the different fake RAID elements.

I do not know if you have to put each part back where it was
originally but I do it. My mount paths are something like:

/Audio/audio1
/Audio/audio2
/Audio/audio3

Where Audio is a mounting directory on my system's hard drive and
audio1, 2 & 3 are 1394 drives mounted underneath it.

Ardour creates a session directory on all 3 1394 drives and starts
storing files there. IIRC the XML stuff always goes on the first one
whereas audio goes on all of them.

Cheers,
Mark