[ardour-users] New System Installation Question

Michal Žeravík michalz at olomouc.com
Sat Jul 14 08:07:28 PDT 2007

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 16:21:06 +0200
Dennis Neumeier <dennismail at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Saturday 14 July 2007 16:01:41 Michal Žeravík wrote:
> > ubuntustudio
>
> Thanks for the info, I will try ubuntustudio, although on the website of the
> project, it is said that there are no 64bit installation disks. So simply not
> all of my 64bit power will be used, but this is okay for me as long as the
> recording system itself is running fine.
>
> Beside this, are there any 64bit distributions?
>
> Regards,
> Dennis

Yes, there are 64studio and so on,
but problems are with VST in ardour2,
and other problems with running 32bit (proprietary) sw on 64bit.

I've reinstalled ubuntufeisty64 to ubuntustudio(32)
and everything is even slight faster.

Correct me, but all major benefit from 64bit
is ability to address more than 4GB RAM.
There was no speedup running native 64bit apps on 64bit system for me.
See article about such benchmark a month ago on phoronix.

Michal