[ardour-users] A decent sound card for Ardour

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Jan 25 08:25:16 PST 2007

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Mark Knecht wrote:

>   I personally love what Behringer does for certain price points but
> personally I would *never* put any of their units in my main
> monitoring path.

Along these same lines, I've read numerous reviews (mailing lists,
retailer product reviews, third-party reviews, etc) of the Behringer
ADA8000 A/D converter and the reviews seem to be quite positive,
especially considering the USD $229 price point.

For the people here who have used them, what are your thoughts?  Good,
bad, or indifferent, I'm curious.  If there's something out there that's
better at an at least somewhat similar price point, let me know,
considering they would see both studio and live use.  There are lots of
good 8-pack rackmount studio A/D and/or D/A converters out there, but
paying USD $1,000 or more apiece just doesn't make financial sense right
now, since I'd need 3 of them for my rig.  Also, many studio boxes aren't
well suited to or designed for life in a road case.

jms