[ardour-users] A decent sound card for Ardour

Joseph Dell'Orfano fullgo at dellorfano.net
Wed Jan 3 19:25:02 PST 2007

Also, I agree with previous comments regarding the preamps on the LT.
You do not need to use the analog preamps - they can be selected off
with the Envy control.

I use an outboard stereo preamp and run these into the 2 balanced XLR
inputs on the 1010LT. I generally only record acoustic guitar or vocals,
so this is all that I need.

The LT has served me well for the relatively low price. This was my
first sound card and has served me for 2 years now. Great investment
during a time that I was experimenting with Linux audio. I am fully
committed now and still use the 1010LT.

-Joe