[ardour-users] Saffire 26 i/o

david headon davidheadonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 14:51:44 PST 2007

I recently bought a Focusrite saffire 26i/o -
hoping to employ its ADAT lightpipe i/o with my RME Hammerfall card.
What a disaster! A variety of weird crashy-things in the HDSP mixer, ( innitially hopeful, inputs show healthy levels, then, all the meters PEAK and stay flashing and doing weird crashed-gui stuff)

when i set the QjackCTL to 0 inputs, jack ran fine ( ? )
 then, ran ardour and got recordable input to several tracks, to far so good.
I still hadn't heard anything out of the saffire headphone out.
i am guessing that it only runs under firewire-windows-mac( asio )

i have tried launching be-bob in the command line, it runs, recognizes the device, then says 'WAITING>>>'

I'm going to exchange for and Octo pre with ADAT S/PDIF etc card.

If anyone has experience with the Saffire 26I/O , please advise!

thanx-

dav-0

like the dream I've lived inside,
 like a lifetime flashing in front of my eyes,
 like every good thing
 that i tried
 to find

 The Swimmer - By Steve Banks