[Ardour-Users] Waveforms still refusing to appear

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Dec 18 10:50:00 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 09:23 -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:
> Waveforms keep disappearing, and refusing to come back. It's kind of pointless trying to edit audio in a GUI when you can't see the waveform.

I am disturbed by this report because I strongly believed that I had
found the bug and fixed it several revisions prior to the one you are
using. However, like all bugs, I need a recipe to reproduce it before I
can do anything about it.

> Ardour really *really* doesn't like it when embedded audio files get moved around or renamed.

I hope for your sake that you're not the same person who was asking for
Ardour to not use hard-links when doing embedding. Or perhaps you mean
"embedded" in the sense of "audio files created by ardour" ? Please
clarify.

> If that happens once, then Ardour will never again recover from it. However, moving files around is something I have to do, a lot,

I confess that I do not understand this.

> in order to compress my sessions to save disk space. I also have to rename and move files as I reorganize projects too.
>
> It'd also be nice if there was some way to "repatriate" audio files that Ardour can't find,

Agreed, please file it in mantis, otherwise it will get lost.