[Ardour-Users] disk not able to keep up with ardour...

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Sat Dec 8 07:02:36 PST 2007

On Thursday 06 December 2007, maillistnoll wrote:
> The 4MB/sec is *not* a typo, and you are correct, the SATA drives show up
> as SCSI drives. This performance number comes from the output of Bonnie++,
> and, yes, I was pretty sure it was not what it should be. The drives are
> software mirrored, if that makes any difference.

It might make a difference (although your system sounds beefy enough to
perform this without too much degradation i guess there might be performance
problems in the mirroring implementation). Just for testing purposes try a
plain non-mirrored drive with a non-esoteric file system (e.g. ext2 or
ext3)..

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!