[Ardour-Users] Vst on osx?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Aug 23 11:41:26 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 19:56 +0200, Raymond Jensen wrote:
> Hi im just curious what make it incompatible with vst plugins for osx
> and is there any solution on the way?

We support VST using Wine on x86 platforms. Wine emulates Windows. There
may be a solution once we get the OSX-native version of Ardour
stabilized.

> Anyhow im considering to set up linux in a vm so i can use a few
> windows vst plugins in ardour, would i be able to connect to a jack
> server running on my mac?

No. This is just going crazy. If VST is that important to you and you
are on OS X, please use other software (there is some excellent stuff
out there).

> And would i be able to use a rewire like feature?

JACK is a replacement for ReWire.