[Ardour-Users] boost resolved/ different error building ardour

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Aug 18 12:08:28 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 17:13 +0000, Lieven Moors wrote:
> Hi,
> I think I finally got rid of the boost errors.
> Just for the reference:
> To compile boost from source, just do ./configure --show-libraries,
> and then ./configure --without-libraries="comma seperated list of all
> the libraries shown by the previous command".
> You have to make a symlink from /usr/include/boost to
> /usr/include/boost-1_34_1/boost otherwise the headers won't be found.
> Sorry for bothering you so much with my boost problems. But I got a
> little bit confused :-)
>

> However now, I'm have a different error.
>
> libs/midi++2/alsa_sequencer_midiport.cc: In member function `int
> MIDI::ALSA_SequencerMidiPort::CreatePorts(MIDI::PortRequest&)':
> libs/midi++2/alsa_sequencer_midiport.cc:175: error:
> `SND_SEQ_PORT_TYPE_SOFTWARE' undeclared (first use this function)
> libs/midi++2/alsa_sequencer_midiport.cc:175: error: (Each undeclared
> identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
> scons: *** [libs/midi++2/alsa_sequencer_midiport.os] Error 1
> scons: building terminated because of errors.
>
> I would be grateful if anyone could help me with this one...

the last released was based on a new version of ALSA that many people do
not yet have. this has been fixed in Ardour SVN. For now, go to that
line, and remove the SND_SEQ_PORT_TYPE_SOFTWARE (I have a gut feeling
that you know how to). its just a preprocess symbol that is not defined
in the version of ALSA you have, and I would not recommend upgrading
ALSA unless you have a very good reason to do so.

--p