[Ardour-Users] boost resolved/ different error building ardour

Lieven Moors lievenmoors at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 10:13:59 PDT 2007

Hi,
I think I finally got rid of the boost errors.
Just for the reference:
To compile boost from source, just do ./configure --show-libraries,
and then ./configure --without-libraries="comma seperated list of all
the libraries shown by the previous command".
You have to make a symlink from /usr/include/boost to
/usr/include/boost-1_34_1/boost otherwise the headers won't be found.
Sorry for bothering you so much with my boost problems. But I got a
little bit confused :-)

However now, I'm have a different error.

libs/midi++2/alsa_sequencer_midiport.cc: In member function `int
MIDI::ALSA_SequencerMidiPort::CreatePorts(MIDI::PortRequest&)':
libs/midi++2/alsa_sequencer_midiport.cc:175: error:
`SND_SEQ_PORT_TYPE_SOFTWARE' undeclared (first use this function)
libs/midi++2/alsa_sequencer_midiport.cc:175: error: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
scons: *** [libs/midi++2/alsa_sequencer_midiport.os] Error 1

I would be grateful if anyone could help me with this one...

lieven