[Ardour-Users] (no subject)

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Sat Aug 11 09:21:42 PDT 2007

Am Samstag, 11. August 2007 schrieb Lieven Moors:
> Hi everybody,I'm installing Boost on my System, and I am installing all
> libraries.I don' t like the fact that boost is so big, so I would like to
> know which libraries ardour exactly needs.I read ardour only uses the
> header files. But this is confusing since I read most of the
> boost-libraries consist of header files only.Can I build ardour against the
> boost source-tree without installing boost? I'm not familiar with scons, so
> I wouldn't know how to do that.Thanks for your help,greetsLieven

As far as I know you don't need any boost installed for ardour. For one
because boost is so big, ardour ships the headers it needs. For the second,
ardour ships most of the libs it needs to be sure that the right versions are
present. You won't even get support if they catch you building ardour with
the systems libraries...

As long as scons is not complaining about missing libs/headers, the only thing
you need to have installed is a running gcc with glibc and jack. And the only
build options you should be interested in are DEBUG and PREFIX.

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---