[Ardour-Users] Struggling to do anything at all

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Sat Aug 4 06:25:55 PDT 2007

Andrew Johnston wrote:
> All that said, I would actually like to see a feature freeze for a
> while, until every single bug has been sorted.  Midi is going to be

Talking about features: If I had a single wish, like in the fairy tales,
I would go for vertical zooming of the displayed waveform data.
Frequently I do have to work with audio with a huge dynamic range, where
it is very hard edit at the soft places. Normalization would not help. I
could imagine some kind of 'visual gain', which only affects the editor
display, not the sound, one for each track. (See also
http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=1103)

As a workaround currently I split the regions to isolate the soft parts,
and temporarily normalize those bits for editing. Not a nice solution
though. If I missed an existing feature please let me know!

- Giso