[Ardour-Users] copying automation data

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Sat Aug 4 04:27:22 PDT 2007

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 00:28 +0200, Giso Grimm wrote:
>> is there a way to copy automation from one track to another (other than
>> using emacs)? Are there ways to time-shift automation data?
>
> copy-n-paste should work.

It works (I had to be in range mode; range with events is pasted at the
edit cursor; I was looking for exactly this feature).

But I noticed a bug: When pasting at time zero an additional event is
added at time zero, even if there was no such event in the source (looks
like the first event in the source is duplicated). Pasting the same data
twice creates two identical events at time zero, which causes strange
behaviour of the faders, NaN audio output and sometimes crashes on quit
(saving is possible). The problems arise when passing the event before
the duplicated event, or at zero if the time-zero-event is duplicated (I
duplicated later events manually, just to check). The problem dissapears
if I manually remove the duplicated event.

I will try to debug, and report on mantis.

- Giso