[Ardour-Users] copying automation data

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Aug 3 15:34:54 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 00:28 +0200, Giso Grimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to copy automation from one track to another (other than
> using emacs)? Are there ways to time-shift automation data?

copy-n-paste should work.

there are big changes planned for automation data. not sure when they
might happen but i don't want to modify the current system too much
because of this. automation will end up in regions + playlists just like
audio + MIDI data are.

> A potential bug: The time of automation events is stored as floating
> point '%g' format (or similar), which decreases the absoute resolution
> with time.

yeah, we should use %12g or something similar. or convert back to an
integer value. not sure why we are using float there.

--p