[ardour-users] Problem with TAP plugins and Ardour, also what stereo EQ plugin?

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Wed Apr 18 07:03:58 PDT 2007

Quoting Brett Clark <Brett at ciscoinc.com>:

> Okay guys,  i have bad news, then good news, then bad news again...
>
> 1) Bad news - I was unable to get the problem to occur last night.  I
> couldnt
>   even get it to happen on the track that it consistently occurred on the
> night before.
>
> 2) Good news - I dont have to do all my EQ'ing via outboard equipment
> now. ;-)

This sounds so familiar .. :)

> 3) Bad news - I did a debugging taboo.  Not only did i recompile
> Ardour2rc1, but i also
>   recompiled and reinstalled the TAP plugins.  So now i dont know which
> one fixed
>   the problem.  Sorry...  Since this was my mistake, i will go ahead and
> punch myself
>   in the arm on behalf of everyone who has this issue.

Don't worry about it. It seems to be more of an issue with the plugins and
not Ardour, so this in no way affects our 2.0 release schedule.

> When i get some more free time, im going to recompile Ardour2rc1 w/o
> DEBUG=1 and
> see if i can get the problem to happen again.  Should i post my results
> on the users list
> or the dev list?

Whichever you feel more appropriate. It seems the users are more familiar
with the issue than the devs. So maybe this list is better as there is more
chance of hearing from other folk with the same issue..

 Sampo