[ardour-users] 8-channels sections

bbarros bernardobarros2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 15:13:37 PDT 2006

Hi list,

In the the Panning Box of a stereo or a 8-channel track inside the
Mixer Editor there is
a square with 8 squares and 2 up to 8 numbers corresponding to the
number of channels of the track. I'm confused about what the squares
are. Is it the positions of the speakers? Hum.. If it is I can
understand.

But my Master Out also has 8 squares and 8 numbers, so I'm confused again.
Why do you have to specify the position of the speakers in each track
and in the master out? It doesn't make sense.

Other thing is that the jackpilot stoped twice. Is there issues with
poly-channels
sections and/or tracks? Is it less stable? I want to make a 8 channel
piece using stereo soundfiles and recording 8 channel material from
other program. I'm on a g4 1.33 1gb-ram, mac os x.

Thanks for any help.