[ardour-users] Autopause

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 18:45:48 PDT 2006

> I'am going to use Ardour to make theater soundtrack and during
> repetition it would be nice if Ardour could act as an autopause CD
> player so I can modify the mix in "realtime".

Not as of yet that I am aware, though it may be possible depedning on
support with MIDI when that gets released with Ardour2.0 I believe is
when we will first see it(Have it on my workstation but havnet had a
chance to play much with it to see what if any MIDI support is in it yet)

Unfortunatly there is no good theatrical playback system for Linux yet,
though if/when Ardour finishes seperating GUI from backend I may tackle
rewriting the FE for something more appropriate for theater then, I had
started an independant project but Ardour's engine seems well suited for
the way I am planning it.

         Seablade