[ardour-users] Chunks. What are they?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Sep 3 10:59:11 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 19:27 +0200, Alex Polite wrote:
> Found a tab called chunks in ardour2. A little googling gives me the
> impression that chunks are collections of regions but that they  are
> currently unsupported. Being able to group regions could potentially
> be very useful to me. How exactly are chunks supposed to work? Are
> they a priority for upcoming versions?

they are not a way to group regions particularly, although they can
serve that role in a rather crude way. they are intended to save
selections made with the range tool. drag to select some range(s), right
click on the selection to save what you selected as a "chunk".

you can later paste entire chunks at the edit cursor (and some day,
perhaps, drag-n-drop them).

not sure of the ardour2 status - please test and let us know.

best to think of "chunks" as akin to "the bridge", or "the verse", or
"the bit where it all slows down" etc etc etc