[ardour-users] Most console-like EQ plugins for Ardour? and LADSPA GUIs.

Bill Gribble grib at billgribble.com
Tue Nov 21 04:47:55 PST 2006

What are y'all using for basic track EQ?  I've been using the TAP
Equalizer plugin but it's not exactly what I'm looking for... I want
something with "classic" console controls, like a Neve 1073 for
instance :), that I can just grab and go without getting in to setting
up more bands or more parameters.

Also, what's the status of alternate GUIs for LADSPA plugins?  I don't
necessarily want the kind of eye candy one associates with Mac audio
plugins (better for magazine-ad screen caps than usage) but it would be
nice to use something like jack-rack with custom GUIs for LADSPA plugins
that are hosted within Ardour... if I understand it correctly, this is
the goal of the DSSI spec, right?

Thanks,
Bill Gribble