[ardour-users] Digi002 Rack an Ardour?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 07:33:15 PST 2006

On 11/17/06, Philip Fizur <phil at fizur.net> wrote:
> Howdy
>
> Has anyone ever gotten a Digi002 Rack unit working with Ardour? I just
> inherited one and thought I'd ask before investing too much time. I did some
> searching and found limited to no answers. If anyone has a definitive answer
> that'd be awesome.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Philip Fizur

Philip,
   I had an 002 Rack for a couple of years. It never worked in Linux
and I expect that it never will. It is my understanding that the 002
series has part of its firmware downloaded into it by Pro Tools LE
when the program starts. If true then the only was to run the 002
would be to run PTLE.

   I'd certainly be intersted in hearing if you make headway. I sold
mine a couple of years ago. It was a nice little unit and at times I
miss it.

Cheers,
Mark