[ardour-users] Computer Specs

Jerome & Ester Brown health2life at usana.com
Tue May 30 04:08:24 PDT 2006

Hi all Ardourers

I am looking to purchase a laptop to do some sound recording/editing etc
work, and wondering what pearls of wisdom you have all found through your
usage. Initially I will be recording a stereo signal fed from a mixing desk,
but later I want the ability to get a small desk which I can connect to the
laptop to enable me to do multi-track recording.

What things do I need, are nice to have, and should I avoid. I am thinking
about possibly getting a Mac - are the Intel better than the G4, or should I
be looking at a PC?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Jerome Brown