[ardour-users] low latency kernel problems

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri May 19 18:27:56 PDT 2006

On 5/19/06, philicorda <philicorda at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I didn't know about eix. Neat.
> It does not seem to find any of the layman ebuilds at all on my
> computer. It appears someone has submitted this as a bug in the gentoo
> bugzilla.

I had this problem also.

Instead of sourcing the layman pro-audio make.conf stuff indirectky,
if you add it to your own make.conf file then eix will find the
pro-audio stuff also. Here's how I did it:

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ALSA_CARDS="hdsp9652"
VIDEO_CARDS="radeon"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY=""
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="${PORTDIR_OVERLAY} /usr/local/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="${PORTDIR_OVERLAY} /usr/portage/local/layman/pro-audio"
#source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf
mark at lightning ~ $

You may need to run update-eix & eix-sync. Not sure. However it does
work this way.