[ardour-users] Maximum filesize for single tracks?

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Mon Mar 27 08:20:11 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 17:56 +0200, Christian Schumann wrote:
> I'm ok with that, we will record a live gig, and we can start a new
> session in the intermission. I just stumbled onto the fact and asked
> myself whether this is some configuration error on my side.

You don't need to start a new session. Just stop recording and start
again. Each separate recorded channel will go to it's one file.
(Meaning: a stereo track's each channel will have it's own file)

One word of caution though. You need to stop the transport for the one
"take" to end. If you just switch off recording and switch it back on
while the transport is rolling, the subsequent recording will be done to
the same wave file as before.

--
Sampo Savolainen <v2 at iki.fi>