[ardour-users] ardour not fast enough

Edwin Peer edwin at peer.co.za
Sun Mar 26 22:21:58 PST 2006

On Monday 27 March 2006 01:33, Hector Centeno-Garcia wrote:

> I'm having this other problem with ardour: very often, when I stop
> recording, ardour shows this message "Jack has either been shutdown or
> it disconnected Ardour because Ardour was not fast enough", then I have
> to restart ardour in order to be able to reconnect to jack.

I have been experiencing exactly the same problem (it doesn't happen all that
frequently though, perhaps 2 or 3 times during an entire day of recording).

System:
Dual P4 Xeon 2.8 Ghz
1GB RAM
5x 10K RPM SCSI disks in RAID5 configuration
2x RME Multifaces, clock synched (I actually only connect 1 interface to jack
and wire the analogue ins to the ADAT outs using the other's mixer).

Kernel: gentoo-2.6.15-r1 (rest of gentoo system compiled -march pentium4 -O2)
Jack: -R -p2048 -r48000 (amongst the other usual stuff)

I would actually like to get the jack period down a bit and the rate up to 96K
too, but the above is all that I've been able to get running stable so far.

:espeer:

--
#include http://www.peer.co.za/~espeer/disclaimer.html