[ardour-users] sync problem

Hector Centeno-Garcia h.centeno at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 26 13:35:15 PST 2006

Hi,

Yesterday I was trying to sync ardour and an AKAI MPC 1000 using first
ardour as a slave. After a few trys I didn't get ardour to respond to
the MPC at all. Then, I switched to ardour as a master and the MPC was
responding to ardour playing and stopping but there was no MTC sync (we
had to manually set the location on the MPC). Also we found that when
ardour was set to record the MPC was also set to record so it wasn't
possible to record in ardour without erasing something in the MPC.
According to my friend (the MPC's owner), the same MPC works perfectly
as a master or slave (syncing both MMC and MTC) using windows and Cubase
where you can set Cubase to record without putting the MPC in record
mode too (so I guess the MPC is configured in the right way).

I'm using ardour 0.99.2 and I went through all the options in the sync
and midi tabs trying different combinations but never got the MTC to be
recognized by the MPC or ardour to respond as a slave. Also, I was
wondering what is the purpose of the "Trace input" and "Trace output"
buttons and the tree diamonds in front of them and labeled MTC MMC and
MIDI Parameter Control. Are they supposed to blink when there is a sync
signal detected? They always remain lit in red. Bellow those there is a
list of options and I'm not sure if the one that says "MMC control"
means "receive MMC control" as there is another one that says "send MMC
control".

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Hector.